Heating Services in Houston
24/7 Support for Your Heating Repair, Installation, and Maintenance Needs
Complete heating and cooling systems aren’t truly complete if only one of these elements works. You may not think about your heating system in the summer months in Houston, but heating maintenance and repair for Houstonians is more important than you may realize. Your heating system often goes hand in hand with a properly working AC unit, so you should always look to our Houston heating repair professionals at Valderrama A/C & Refrigeration Inc. to ensure that both systems for heating and cooling are working well.
Some examples of our excellent Houston heating repair services include anything involving:
Our Houston heating repair technicians at Valderrama A/C & Refrigeration Inc. also keeps several models of heaters in stock. If one of those works for you, we can get started on installing it right away, so just get ahold of us to begin benefitting from our comprehensive heating services in Houston.
Speak to our Houston heating service professionals now at (281) 942-6587 to take advantage of our completely free estimates, no matter what kind of heater you need.
Common Causes of a Malfunctioning Heater
It is often very difficult to determine what is wrong with your heater, primarily because a lot of the symptoms of a malfunctioning system may look exactly like each other, at least on the surface. However, a professional Houston heating repair specialist can precisely tell what is going on with your failing unit.
The most common issues faced when your heater is no longer working include:
- Clogged air filters – Improperly maintained air filters can cause problems during air circulation. The life of an air filter depends on several factors, including how many people live and work in the building, pets present, pollution in the area, and more.
- Gradual overuse throughout the years – Even powerful heaters will eventually run down simply from receiving a lot of wear and tear over time. When you have to use your heater a lot, especially during the colder months, this can cause your unit to malfunction.
- Faulty thermostat – If your thermostat is broken, it can also cause issues with the fans within your unit. You should get this fixed immediately as it can cause even further problems.
- Ignition control – An ignition control system that isn’t working will likely cause your heater to not work at all. Get the help of a trusted professional to fix the problem right away.
Frequently Asked Questions About Heating Services
How Do I Know If I Need Heater Replacement Services?
- If your heater is working well, your system probably doesn’t need to be replaced. However, if you’ve owned your unit for many years, you may want to avoid any potential problems by replacing an older model. Most homeowners inherit their furnaces, and they aren’t sure how old it is or if it’s been well-maintained. So, if you’re considering a replacement, begin with an inspection to get a full assessment of the condition of your unit.
How Often Should Heaters Be Cleaned?
- Your heater should be cleaned annually, and it can be included in a regularly scheduled maintenance program. Cleaning your heater will ensure it’s in good condition before heavy usage. You may be wondering why you’d even need to clean your heater. Your heater can become filled with dust, dirt, and debris, which can clog your system and create problems.
Do I Need Heater Repair or Heater Installation?
- Our Houston winters aren’t bitterly cold, but even a few months of chilly nights can become uncomfortable without a reliable heater. Furnaces are built to be durable and long-lasting. So, the good news is if your system hasn’t needed many repairs and it’s giving you warnings indicating a pending breakdown, go forward with a system replacement. However, depending on the age of your heater, this first major repair could be the start of a pattern of decline. As heaters age, they become less energy-efficient and more expensive to operate. Your choice between repairs or installation will come down to costs. You will need to choose between saving money each month on a more efficient system that doesn’t need repairs and the costs of a new system installation.
What is Heater Maintenance?
- As your heater works to keep your home warm and cozy, it’s getting dirty and experiencing expected wear and tear. Heater maintenance keeps your system in good condition to serve you when you need it. System maintenance includes but isn’t limited to replacing filters, inspecting the unit for worn components, and ensuring the heater is clean and clutter-free. These services are just the basics of a typical maintenance plan. An HVAC specialist can also check for performance and efficiency levels depending on your system needs.
How Often Do I Need Scheduled Maintenance?
- Your heater should be on an annual maintenance schedule to ensure it’s ready when you need it. By adding a scheduled maintenance program, you can put safeguards in place that make certain your unit receives a professional inspection. Maintenance also ensures your system’s performance levels are on par with manufacturer standards. Wear and tear are unavoidable, and even the most well-maintained system will need regular inspection and component replacement. While wear and tear are expected, allowing it to go unchecked can lead to serious system problems. Annual maintenance is a safeguard to ensure your heater continues to function efficiently. Having an HVAC professional inspecting your unit each year will help prevent breakdowns from worn components.
Do you have more questions about heating services in your Houston home? Call our Houston heating service experts at (281) 942-6587 for answers!
With 35+ years of HVAC experience, we're proud to serve our community and truly care for our customers.
We are very mindful of all COVID-19 safety protocols and we ensure our customers that our technicians will arrive in protective gear for your safety and theirs.
We are happy to offer same-day services and 24/7 emergency availability. That way, our customers are always comfortable.
Preventive Care for Heating Systems in Texas
One of the most common causes of a heating emergency is the lack of proper maintenance. Regular maintenance is critical to keeping your heating system functioning at its best. Without it, you may run into more frequent problems that could cost you more in the future. The question is, what is involved in full maintenance care? Cleaning is certainly a major part of it – keeping the condenser coils clean and free of debris is key to ensuring that airflow stays smooth and operational year-round.
However, testing of different electrical components, as well as the thermostat, is also critical to ensure that none of even the smallest components are missed. Seeking professional Houston heating maintenance is always the most secure way to go.
Call Valderrama A/C & Refrigeration Inc. today at (281) 942-6587, or contact our helpful team online to ask any more questions about heating services in Houston.
Jose Soto was very responsive in our time of need. We are very greatful and appreciative that he was able to come out and fix out A/C with very little to no notice. We will definitely use Jose and Valderrama A/C and Refrigeration for all our repair needs.Gina E.
He is very responsive and also very personable. I would highly recommend his business to those in need of AC repair or replacement!Steven O.
My A/C drain line was blocked. I called Valderrama AC & Refrigeration (Mr. Jose) and he sent his technician quickly. I was very impressed with how professional and honest this company is. The technician was very friendly and was quick to diagnose and fix the problem with my AC unit. I would highly recommend Valderrama AC & Refrigeration to my friends and to anyone needing their air conditioner looked at.Shaji K.